5 Common Mistakes To Avoid During The Web Design Process
When it comes to working with a web design company , there are a plethora of options you will find in the market, from the cheap web design companies promising to take you online for an attractive price and then on the other extreme, the more expensive ones who claim to have a number of years of experience and can create you a custom design that is pixel perfect.
As they say for anything, you get what you pay for. This is also true when it comes to web design because the more expensive web design companies generally charge for the years of experience that they have gained.
Going with cheaper web design companies you can expect to make the following mistakes,
1. Content Comes After Design: The cheapest web designers are usually happy to create a design for the website without taking into account the content. They usually use dummy text to complete the project. This is not the right approach as content should drive the design of a page rather than the other way round. And this will mean an overall poor visual design and also a lot of problems if you choose to undertake SEO at a later stage. More on SEO below.
2. SEO is an Afterthought: This is something being SEO Experts Sydney ourselves, we cannot digest. SEO is the first thing you should look at when you decide to create a website for your business. If you are not going to consider SEO then might as well not create a website. You see, SEO will be in the traffic to your site and without the traffic there is no point to create a website. Some things you should look at in terms of SEO prior to starting work with the web design company are keyword research, sitemap creation and content creation.
3. Going For the Cheapest Web Design Company: Like we said above you get what you pay for. IF cheap is your main driver or purchase point then please go ahead but keep in mind that later on you will be spending more money fixing things that were not looked at by your web designer in the first place. And why should he or she? They are doing what they get paid for.
4. No Clear Call to Action: This is one of the biggest mistake! A clear call to action is the difference between you converting a visitor to a paid customer. Make sure what action is profitable to you? Is it a phone call or an enquiry or a sale. Make sure the buttons are clear and easy to find by the user.
5. Not Paying Attention to Load Speed: Do yourself a favour and pay some attention to the speed of your website. There are some simple measures that you can take to cut down a few seconds from the load speed. These include installing a free CDN, a free caching plugin and a free image compression plugin. Doing this will surely help you convert better in the digital sphere.
Here is some more information on web design for you: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_design